Washington's Lottery takes down mobile site after woman complained app's AI created topless photo of her


Washington’s Lottery has pulled its new mobile site which utilizes artificial intelligence (AI) after a woman complained that the app’s AI created a pornographic image of her, according to a report.

The lottery’s “Test Drive a Win” app allowed users to upload a photo and have the AI superimpose their image at a vacation spot chosen through the site. One user, however, says the chance to see themselves on a computer-generated dream vacation turned into a shock.

WHAT IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)?

Megan, a 50-year-old mother in Tumwater, Washington, told “The Jason Rantz Show” on KTTH on Tuesday that she landed on a “swim with the sharks” selection and used the site’s option to upload a photo of her face.

Megan said the super-imposed vacation photo that the AI generated showed her smiling on a bed only partially clothed in a bathing suit bottom as fish in an apparent aquarium swim around the room.

GEMINI FALLOUT: FORMER GOOGLE EMPLOYEE WARNS OF ‘TERRIFYING PATTERNS’ IN COMPANY’S AI ALGORITHMS

Washington's Lottery logo

The Washington Lottery’s “Test Drive a Win” app was unavailable on the website early Wednesday. (Washington’s Lottery)

She called the topless AI photo a “disturbing” use of tax dollars.

“I also think whoever was responsible for it should be fired,” she said.

woman's hand on a computer mouse and keyboard

A woman named Megan told “The Jason Rantz Show” that an app from Washington’s Lottery generated a photo of her that showed her only partially clothed. (Getty Images)

Fox News Digital reached out to Washington’s Lottery but did not immediately hear back.

10% OF US WORKERS IN ROLES WITH HIGH EXPOSURE TO AI, WHITE HOUSE SAYS

A spokesperson for the lottery issued a statement to the Seattle-based show saying that it received a report about an incident in which the AI created a lewd image earlier this week.

“As soon as we did, we had the developers check all the parameters for the platform and were comfortable with the settings, but after further internal discussions today, we chose to take down the site out of an abundance of caution, as we don’t want something like this purported event to happen again,” the statement said.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

As of Wednesday morning, the “Test Drive a Win” site remained offline with a message saying the app is currently unavailable.



Also Read More: World News | Entertainment News | Celeb News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Aid ships with nearly 400 tonnes of food depart Cyprus for Gaza | Israel War on Gaza News

A three-ship convoy has left Cyprus’s Larnaca Port headed for the Gaza…

Xavier Tate Jr., accused of killing Chicago officer Luis Huesca, denied pretrial release

A judge on Friday denied the pretrial release of a man charged…

The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies

The FT’s fifth annual ranking of the region’s businesses by revenue growth.…

Vikings Make Move Toward Kirk Cousins Tampering Settlement: Report

Getty Quarterback Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings. The Minnesota Vikings…